|Visit the new website at www.NewSongMission.org|
Barb Ruess, TBH Creative Project Manager & Content Developer notes, “It’s not uncommon for organizations—particularly non-profits—to squeeze a few extra years out of an old website. The upgrade, however, often pays for itself with less staff time required for site maintenance and a more effective marketing communication tool.”
The first order of business was to reorganize the site architecture. Over time the menus had become cluttered and it was difficult to find information. Once the site map was set, it was time to fine tune the content and design to hone in on key issues and calls to action. New Song Mission is supported by donations and volunteers. It is critical that their website communicates their mission and inspires action from its audience while also connecting with the population they serve—families and caregivers of children in troubled homes who are in need of long-term, residential care.
|Wireframes created during the planning stage for the New Song Mission new website.|
- Website strategy to help the team at New Song define their goals and how the website can help meet them. We also provided additional direction on email marketing and use of social media.
- Full redesign that enhances the brand, connects with their different target audiences and elicits action. Included responsive coding so that the website communicates effectively on any device.
- Upgraded Content Management System (CMS) with multiple functionalities for easy management helping New Song truly maximize their new website resource.
- Integration with third party services for donation collections.
What worked best in this project?When dealing with a site that is nearly eight years old, there can be a number of complications. However, when the organization truly understands the benefits of overhauling the website both behind the scenes and with a fresh design, the results are stunning. This redesign was a big change for New Song Mission and one they were ready to embrace with our guidance.
Each year we like to reach out and work with nonprofit organizations on a pro-bono level. When we heard New Song Mission’s passion for their cause, we knew we could make a big impact with a fresh design and upgraded, more functional content management system. Our goal was to build a site they can use for years to come.
- Email marketing and strategic use of social media are excellent tools for an organization such as New Song Mission, and we have made recommendations to help them further shares news and Christian inspiration.
- New video content would be another impactful tool for this site and was accounted for during the design planning stage.
What did the customer think of the project and their new website?
|Robert Schloss, Founder and Executive Director|
~ Robert Schloss, Founder and Executive Director