Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with traditional marketing tactics (brochures, radio, newspaper or magazine ads, etc.) — they have their place and can be effective.
But the truth of the matter is that they are not as powerful as online marketing because audiences are different than they used to be. People are online, they are Facebook, and they read less newspapers and magazines. Traditional marketing efforts are simply not reaching the magnitude of people that online methods can. We want to read about companies, services and products in our pajamas, at night, and at our convenience…Or even get some of that info right in our phones via a Twitter or blog feed.
There are 1,630,625,048 Internet users around the world.Flaws of traditional marketing tactics.
The majority will use the web to research businesses, products, or services that interest them.
- Difficult to measure results and ROI.
- Limited distribution.
- Limited control and timely/costly to make changes.
- No printing or postage costs.
- Measurable results (Google Analytics).
- Opportunity to reach unlimited clients, customers, partners anytime, anywhere.
- Chance to present your business bigger and compete with the industry big companies.
- Easy to make changes and oftentimes directly in your control. (Content Management System)
- Growing and changing technology means opportunity to beat your competitors who cannot keep up with the times.
- Quick and easy online payments via credit card. No sale people, no customer service, just click, click, sale, profit!!