Apple’s iPad computer — It’s the newest hype, a technology buzz, the cool must-have gadget for many.
So, what is it and why would you want it? Is it for everyone?
According to Apple, it is the best way to experience the web, photos, and video. Using its touch screen technology, you can surf the Internet, use apps, listen to your favorite music, watch movies, view/store photos, and play interactive games.
Some people refer to it as the upgraded and large iPhone or iTouch – a larger screened version of a product (which was first released in 2007).
There are a few flaws that make it not the best product for everyone:
- Not all web applications work on the device including a Flash client/player. This means Flash movies on many of your frequently visited web sites will not play… a pretty big disadvantage for a notebook computer.
- No video conferencing (there is no camera on the back nor a front-facing web cam)
- Under powered for design work or application development.
How big it is?
- Height of 9.56 inches (242.8 mm),
- Width of 7.47 inches (189.7 mm),
- Depth of 0.5 inch (13.4 mm), and
- Screen size of 9.7 inches diagonal (1024×768 resolution).
- Weight — 1.5 pounds (.68 kg) Wi-Fi model; 1.6 pounds (.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model.
Finally, the cost. Below are the initial prices for this new Apple iPad:
- 16 GB – $499 (with 3G – $629)
- 32 GB – $599 (with 3G – $729)
- 64 GB – $699 (with 3G – $829)
To sum, the iPad is cool (mostly because it is new and different), but it is really very much like my iPhone functionality in a bigger format. A friend of ours owns a landscape company and just bought one — he plans to use it during sales pitches to show off their impressive landscape design work with photo galleries.
TBH Creative can help with your web site whether users are viewing it from their main computer, mobile phone, or iPad. Contact us today for more information about our Indianapolis web design services.