Building a good landing page requires an overall understanding of what motivates visitors and how you can get them to take action. Furthermore, there are key elements that every landing page should include in order to increase the chance of making conversions. Take into consideration the following tips in order to improve your landing pages and help them succeed.
1. Understand your audience and set clear goals.Before creating a landing page, you should have a clear idea of who your target audience is, and make design and content decisions based on that demographic. You need to set clear goals and objectives for your landing page in order to accurately measure its success.
2. Include the essential elements.No matter the ultimate goal, there are several elements that every good landing page should have:
- Headline. Including a simple and persuasive headline will capture attention and immediately give users an idea of what you are offering.
- Call to action. The call to action is one of the most important parts of your landing page; it helps drive users to the action you want them to take.
- Lead generation form. In order to easily gather information from your visitors, you need to include a form that is optimized to your needs. The content you gather and what fields you include should be carefully considered. This article from Hubspot does a great job at explaining the difference between providing a short or long form. Essentially, short forms are better at capturing a higher number of leads, while long forms provide fewer leads, but generally of higher quality. Determine which approach works best towards your goals and adjust your forms appropriately.
3. Design with the user in mind.Make sure that your brand elements are prominent on your landing page to help users make the connection between it and your business. Landing pages should be designed to capture the attention of visitors, using elements such as a hero graphics or videos to create opportunities for engagement. Your landing page design should appear professional, otherwise users may be deterred from providing any contact information. Consider removing any navigation from your landing page in order to keep users focused on the main goal of your page.
Learn more about the anatomy of a landing page in this infographic from KISSmetrics:
4. Content is important.Landing page content should be tailored towards your audience and written in an attention-grabbing way. All of your content should focus on driving the user towards that goal. Content should be simple yet effective, getting straight to the point without requiring the user to read large amounts of copy. Consider using brief headlines and bulleted lists to simplify your landing page.
5. Build trust.If you’re asking a user to provide you with information, you first need to build trust. Adding social proof to your landing page is one great way to gain trust. Include reviews, ratings, or testimonials to show the benefits of what you’re offering to users.
6. Test and improve.Testing is key for creating successful landing pages. Make sure you develop a plan for measuring the success of your landing page based on your initial goals and objectives. Most likely, you’ll need to make adjustments to your page in order to determine what techniques and elements your audience better responds to. Consistent monitoring and improvements will help you maximize the potential of your landing page.
For more information on optimizing your landing pages, check out this infographic from QuickSprout:
|View the full infographic.|
Improve your marketing strategy.Landing pages are just one tool you should be using as a part of an overall marketing strategy. TBH Creative can help you improve your online marketing strategy and develop the tools necessary for your business to succeed online.
Need help with your digital marketing strategy? Talk to us