When people come to TBH Creative for a website redesign, they often come to us with a website that wasn’t designed by a professional website designer and they now realize the limitations of that decision. Whether that decision was driven by budget or convenience doesn’t matter. The fact is, that company short-changed their website and are feeling the pains of it now: the website isn’t generating enough leads; sales people don’t use it as part of their process; it doesn’t clearly present company benefits; it’s a poor representative of their brand.
These businesses have realized the hard way that it’s worth it to hire a professional website designer. Someone who makes a living focused on website design, functionality and digital marketing. Someone who can make a website that doesn’t just look cool but that accomplishes concrete business goals.
What do you get when you work with a professional website designer?
A website that is truly customized to your brand and needsFree or low-cost website templates aren’t bad in and of themselves. In fact, they can be a great place to start for many small organizations as long as you are conscious of their limitations. There’s only so much customization you can do with an out-of-the-box website template - and even that is beyond the technological reach of many people. If you want to add complex functionality such as geo-coded content or customized graphics or tailored functionality, you’ll hit the wall pretty quickly with a website template.
You’ll also be restricted to presenting your brand within the template’s structure. In other words, you’ll end up with a site that looks a lot like a lot of other sites. If you want custom, higher-quality graphics with the ability to incorporate complex functionality, you need a professional website designer.
A professional website designer will
- pay attention to the details such as breadcrumbs, active state indicators, hover states, and calls to action
- create brand-related graphics and color templates
- design for a targeted user-experience including integrated key messaging
- provide valued strategy and guidance into the design, content and development of your website
Ongoing maintenance support for the updates that are too complex to do on your own
- optimize your photos to make sure they best fit in your website design and are compressed properly for quick loading
- incorporate video, photography, custom icons and other graphic elements
- create custom landing pages that leverage and support other marketing campaigns
- design email templates that are consistent with your website design
Long-term strategy focused on your business goals
- help you develop a strategy for your website that carries you into the future
- provide valuable consulting and advice on how to leverage the latest technologies
- evaluate your website’s performance metrics to confirm the website is working towards your goals, suggest improvements, and help you capitalize on success
- proactively bring you ideas as the industry evolves and offer recommendations for upgrades, additions and where to go next with your digital marketing
- work with you on ideas to promote new products or offers within the site structure