A picture is worth a thousand words. This is true for your marketing including your website, blog, and social media profiles. On Facebook, engagement rate for photos averages 0.37% where for text-only posts the rate is 0.27%—this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text. [Source: MGD Advertising]
Facebook photos and albums for your custom business Facebook tab should include:
- Images are organized in albums
- Images include captions or descriptions
- Images are interesting and reinforce your brand
- Photos showing examples of your work, service, or product
- Photos of your staff working and collaborating, including pictures that show personality
- Behind-the-scenes photos of your business or office space
- Photos from events
Here are some examples of organization and content of Facebook photo albums for businesses:There are three types of photos inside your 'photos' tabs:
|By default, Facebook will load your photos, even timeline pictures, in a non-categorized manner.|
1) Photos of [your business] (if applicable)
This category will appear if your business has been tagged in photos. Learn how to tag your business in Facebook photos.
|Purdue University's tagged category is a good example showing the wide variety of photos |
that might appear in this type of album.
|Starbucks' main photo tab shows an assortment of photos and continues to grow.|
By default, if you have videos, this albums will display first in the list of albums.
Tip: Organize your albums by interest to your audience.
|Kermans Fine Flooring in Indianapolis has done a nice job organizing their photo albums |
to focus on the main interests of their customers.
|Chili's has a helpful photo album for "Salads & Sandwiches" that includes more imagery |
for meal selections than their printed menu does!
|Northpoint Pediatrics uses a photo album to introduce their team of pediatricians on their Facebook page. |
They also have a separate album for nurse practitioners and administrators/office staff.
|Kermans Fine Flooring has an album to show off their rug winners. |
Kermans chooses a new rug winner each month.
They included a caption within the album to entice others to participate,
and they ordered this album first in the list of albums.
Here are a few additional how-to articles to help with your get started with photos via custom tabs to on your Facebook business pages:
- How to re-organize Facebook photos between albums
- How to change the photos tab image
- Best Facebook photo sizes
- New feature: How to tag business pages on photos
- Photos make a difference: Improving fan engagement
- It's all about images
- Fixing up your photo albums: It's good for business