While gaining the trust of your website visitors can be a difficult task, it's not an impossible one. This article will take a look at some of the best ways you can improve your website to build a greater sense of trust in your brand.
Invest in good designA well-designed site goes a long way towards building trust in your visitors. Your website should appear professional and should reflect the personality of your business. It should be customized to the specific needs and goals of your business. Content should be easily navigated and uncluttered so that visitors can quickly find information. This also contributes to a more positive user experience, which will help to increase the chance that visitors will return to your website.
Show that you're realMaking a connection with website visitors will help to increase trust in your brand. This can be done by implementing features such as:
- About page: Provide information about your business and its history to help users understand your values and goals. Learn more about what makes a good about page.
- Team information: Include photos and bios for your team to help show personality and give a face to your business. Using actual photos of your business instead of impersonal stock photos is generally more effective in building trust.
- Videos: Videos are an effective way to make a connection with potential customers. Use them to showcase your culture, team, facilities, and more.
Be transparentThe more transparent your content is, the better. If a user is confused by your content or obvious information appears to be hidden, this can lead to distrust. Ensure that you have clear, professionally written content and that you provide all the necessary information a potential customer would need. Provide easy access to any important policies, such as money back guarantees or privacy information.
Highlight your client baseProve you can do what you say you can by letting your previous customers speak for you. To do so, consider using some of these techniques on your website:
- Display logos of prominent clients
- Develop case studies that give an in-depth look at your process
- Showcase testimonials or review from previous customers
Prove your expertiseOne of the best ways to build trust in your brand on your website is by proving your industry expertise. This can be done in a variety of ways, such as:
- Starting an industry-related blog
- Creating whitepapers for download on your website
- Conducting and publishing industry relevant research
- Starting a newsletter that website visitors can subscribe to
- Promoting awards or other recognitions you've received