The short answer: Yes. Your company should have a blog.
Want the longer answer? (We thought you might.) Yes, your company should have a blog for these reasons:
Three Key Reasons to Add a Blog to Your Web Presence
1. TrafficWe're not saying that if you write a blog you'll suddenly see an increase in traffic (though stranger things have happened). However, thanks to the power of search engines, you will see traffic that might not have come your way otherwise.
Writing a blog gives you a chance to talk about specific aspects of your business and services. The more you talk about those things, the higher credibility your site carries in search engines. More credibility means your site will appear higher on the page when people are searching. When you write a blog you are adding keywords to your site and keeping your content current - two things that search engines like very much.
2. Increase your credibility (and your knowledge).Traffic is nice but even if you don't see extra traffic from a blog it's still a worthwhile exercise. A well-thought out blog post requires you to do a little research and to stay on top of trends in your industry. And when you are well-read and informed about your industry, you are a better spokesperson for your business. If you write articles that are useful to your customers and prospective customers, they'll start relying on you for advice... and be more likely to turn to you when they need your service.
3. Build community and loyalty.Promote your blog in offline marketing activities. Make sure people know that you're putting out worthwhile content. Keep your blog active - posting at least weekly. These things will convince people to visit your blog regularly. That kind of loyalty is gold when it comes to establishing repeat business and word-of-mouth marketing. Your blog should give a peek into your personality and let people know what to expect when they do business with you. If people feel like they are getting to know you through a blog, they will be more comfortable doing business with you now and in the future.
Hopefully we've given you some food for thought when you consider adding a blog to your website. Ready for more? Check out this article about the pros and cons of blogging.
We're obviously fans of blogging. We think it brings great benefits to your business and marketing presence. Want to learn more? Read some of our previous articles and then give us a call. We'd love to help you establish a blogging presence.
- How to blog for your business
- Business Blogging Checklist
- Social media and your business: blogging
- Blog content ideas