1. Email marketing: MailChimpMailChimp is an email marketing tool with many free features. List segmentation settings can be advanced within this platform. Pre-designed email templates have responsive designs and include a drag-and-drop editor to customize messaging. Reporting within the tool is robust, including click maps for links within email messages and unsubscribe reports for each email campaign deployment.
We use MailChimp with clients as well as to distribute our weekly email communications. Subscribe here to check it out for yourself.
2. Social media management: HootsuiteHootsuite is a widely used social media scheduling platform. With the ability to manage all of your social networks posting and monitoring in one place, Hootsuite is an invaluable tool for social media marketing. The publishing tools are user-friendly and intuitive, and the list function allows you to set up social listening by following posts that meet certain criteria.
We have lists that monitor when our company name is used on different social platforms as well as industry-specific keyword lists to stay up-to-date on how thought leaders and competitors who are talking about digital marketing.
3. Graphics editing and visual content generation: CanvaCanva is particularly useful for PhotoShop amatuers or for pulling together graphic design layout ideas in a pinch. With hundreds of templates pre-sized based on platform and use (i.e. Twitter banner image or Pinterest layout and size), Canva also includes free design elements, like photos, icons, and fonts to create shareable graphics for free online. Graphics files can be saved in PNG or JPG format (or, as PDFs for printing or sharing documents). Unlimited storage for external images is a nice touch, as well as the hundreds of stock photos available for free (or for $1 within the platform).
4. Data analysis: Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics can be used to track any website with a short snippet of code. The out-of-the-box data collection with Google Analytics is impressive. Referrals and social media traffic, as well as user location and type of user (returning vs. new), are all set up and ready to report within a few hours of installing the tracking code to your site. Advanced data collection, such as setting goals and establishing conversion actions, are also available within the free account.
We use Google Analytics to report monthly to track social media traffic, site entries via landing pages, most popular site pages, and any anomalies or goal-specific data points based on marketing goals.
5. Collaboration: Trello
Free accounts include one add-on feature that you can select from the various apps and tools merging with Trello for customization.
Working together every step of the wayA tool is only as valuable as the information you put into it. Marketing tools ultimately help all of us be more productive on a project, meet deadlines and collaborate. These are just a few of the tools in the TBH Creative tool box that help us work with our clients efficiently.
- How to start an effective blog: your first 24 posts
- 6 strategies for writing a successful email newsletter
- Quick tip: How to use analytic data to improve your marketing strategy