TBH Creative is that sort of Indianapolis website design agency. We aren’t the oil change shop on the corner, building cookie cutter websites as fast as we can churn them out—quality negotiable. And, we aren’t the crooked mechanic trying to get as much money out of our clients as possible. We view our clients as our partners. We want to help them accomplish their sales and marketing goals with a new website. We take the time required to develop a strategic plan together. Our clients know they can trust us to be good stewards with their investment. The question is, what should you expect that investment to be?
Don't compare apples to oranges
Knowing that the estimate is made up of hours allows you evaluate it based on the work that is going into your website. For example because our designs are custom tailored to your brand and business needs, we spend a minimum of 40 hours on initial design compositions and for larger sites with various types of pages the hours and work involved will be more. Responsive coding with style and design adjustments for each viewport requires more time and raises the cost.
Factors that influence your website investment
- Size of the website. The number of pages impacts both the production work as well as editing/writing support.
- Number of design templates. The number of unique types of pages that need to be designed impacts design composition time and high fidelity design work.
- Numbers of customizations between the pages, particularly for responsive design.
- Level of detail in design such as custom illustration, iconography or photography.
- Functions and features such as interactive maps, parallax design elements, customer portals—especially customized features or maintenance tools.
- Level of detail in responsive coding/viewports and resizing.
- Definition of target audience. Research and interviews to define audience persona definition guide content and design.
Let’s talk dollars
A website design and development project is the perfect example of the adage:
You get what you pay for.
Consider the big picture
A website design shouldn’t be seen as a one-time project. Your website is a living representation of your company and should be updated frequently and put to work. One of the best things about your website is that you can easily test out new things, measure results, adjust, tweak, and do it all over again to find what works best. By keeping money in your budget for online strategy year round, you will be ready for new ideas or technology to maintain a competitive advantage.
You might also like
- How much of your 2016/2017 marketing budget should be allocated for digital marketing?
- How to choose the right website development firm
Let’s start planning your website strategy.We love learning about your business goals and objectives and then putting our skills and expertise to work developing a digital marketing plan to achieve them. From new designs to redesigns, from basic contact forms to custom functionality, TBH Creative has you covered.
Let’s get started.