When using automated email marketing for blog promotion, users are able to subscribe to an email list, and then receive updates when new posts are published. Setting up this type of workflow can help you save time and effort in the long run.
In this article, we'll provide some helpful tips for using automated email marketing on your blog, as well as some popular services that can help you get up and running.
1. Set goalsAs with any marketing strategy, it's important to start by setting goals and planning. Determine what you want to accomplish with your automated blog updates, and map out an effective workflow. Setting goals is necessary in order to evaluate the success of your automation strategy.
2. Build your subscriber listYou'll need to build up your blog subscribers in order for your automated process to be successful. Promote blog subscription in a variety of places in order to attract a larger amount of users. For example, feature it on your company's main website or on social media platforms. Be transparent about what type of content a user can expect to receive by signing up and how they can benefit from keeping up with your blog.
3. Promote your brandCustomize your blog update emails to promote your brand. Branding your automated emails will help to engage subscribers and help them make a connection between your content and your business. This can help you to build trust and loyalty with your audience, and keep users coming back to your blog on a consistent basis.
4. Engage subscribersDesign your automated blog updates in a way that maximizes user engagement. These emails can not only be used to promote the latest content on your blog, but also to promote other content that your subscribers might be interested in. For example, include a promotion or special offer along with your blog update to help generate potential leads or push traffic to your website.
5. Choose the right serviceChoose an email marketing service that aligns with your marketing goals and provides the features you need. Below are some popular services with 'RSS to email' features that allow you to set up automated updates from your blog.
MailChimp even offers a free account option depending on the needs of your business.
Blogger provides an email subscription feature that can be added to your blog. It uses Feedburner to send out email updates when new content is added.
- WordPress plugins
If you use WordPress as your blogging platform, there are various plugins that can be added to handle blog subscriptions. Browse the WordPress plugin database to find one that works for your needs (and goals set in #1 above).
- Campaign Monitor