In this article, you'll learn six quick tips for how to better promote your email marketing efforts and get more subscribers in no time.
1. Start with a strategyIt's important to first develop an email marketing strategy to help you make the right decisions. Determine who your audience is so you can target the appropriate potential subscribers. Decide which methods you want to focus your efforts on and set clear goals for evaluating success.
2. Make it easyThe more simple it is for people to subscribe to your newsletter, the more likely they are to do it. This means you should provide multiple points of entry for subscribing; promote it not only on your website but also on your blog or social media channels. Consider including an email sign-up option on existing forms on your website, such as a contact form. Furthermore, make the sign-up process as simple as possible, preferably only requiring an email address. Long forms can quickly turn away users.
just on the main page, giving users multiple ways to sign-up.
3. Capture attentionYour subscription form needs to capture attention in order for people to be interested. Use prominent calls to action on your website, blog, or wherever you are promoting your email newsletter to drive visitors to subscribe. Consider sliding tabs or pop-up information to prompt users to subscribe. However, it's important to find a good balance between prompting users and annoying them, so keep that in mind when implementing features such as pop-up windows. Make them easy to close or hide so users can choose whether or not to engage on their own terms.
the site promoting their email newsletter and highlighting its features.
Users can easily close the window and continue browsing if they aren't interested.
4. Provide an incentiveIncentives are one of the best ways to get new subscribers, and they can take a variety of forms. Some incentives to consider are include free downloads, bonus content, coupons or special offers, access to whitepapers, and so on.
5. Prove yourselfShow potential subscribers that your emails are beneficial. For example, provide a sample email to show what type of content they can expect, or provide social proof by promoting the number of subscribers you have currently. Highlight testimonials of satisfied users to show that what you're offering can benefit your subscribers.
to promote its email newsletter by
highlighting its current number of subscribers.
6. Test and analyzeAs with any new marketing efforts, you need to consistently test and evaluate your efforts to confirm everything is working as expected. Monitor your number of subscribers closely, as well as what channels they are subscribing from, to find out what's working and what's not. Use this information to refine your strategy and maximize the potential for new email subscribers.
For more tips on how to grow your email list from scratch, check out this fun infographic from Get Response: