Answer: All the time!A website should never be a static document. In fact a website works better for you (and your customers and search engines) if you keep it fresh and updated. Think of it as evolutionary growth – your website should always be growing and changing.
There are three types of updates you should be considering on a regular basis:
- content updates
- site enhancements
- complete site redesigns
1. Content updatesKeep your content fresh and you give your site visitors a reason to keep coming back. Consider having a section of your home page for announcements that you can update at least weekly.
We also recommend reviewing key sections of your site at least once a quarter to make sure the information is accurate and up-to-date. Our content development services can help you stay on top of your site’s content.
2. Site enhancementsIf your current website design is fairly new and working well, it might be time to take it to the next level. A few examples of things you should consider to extend your website's promotion or effectiveness:
- Analytic Reporting: Analytics and site statistics show you how well your site is performing so you can make educated decisions for change or additions.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing campaigns are a good way to stay in touch with your clients and nicely complement an overall website strategy.
- Social Media Set up and Strategy: Social media – blogging, Twitter, Facebook, etc. - give your business an influential new tool to build relationships, learn about your customers and expand your website’s marketing power.
- Search Engine Optimization: Making sure you appear when you should on search engines and also tweaking that result so that it best markets your services are key elements to a successful website.
- Video Production: When you have a complicated service/product or a great testimonial or a story to tell, sometimes words aren't enough. Bringing those examples to life through video can be extremely compelling to your audience.